Saturday, July 21, 2012

(Summer) School's out for Summer!

^A spin on Alice in Chains :)

After 3 weeks that crept along yet flew by so fast, I'm now officially done teaching summer school. It was a fun experience. My co-teacher and I (who also teaches 1st) got to meet a few of our next years' students (unbeknownst to them!), and we got to "practice" some intervention and progress monitoring stuff we're implementing next year. It was academic, but it was easy to teach and it was laid-back. I even liked teaching this type of summer school better than teaching what I did in the past (knitting, play dough, tye-die, etc.) And best of all, we got a nice little check yesterday which, I hope you know by now, when straight to our credit cards. I'm hoping our first credit card in our snowball can be paid off in September or October!

I almost regret not teaching the entire 6 weeks. Had I done that, that credit card would be completely paid off. But I know this sounds funny, it wasn't even a choice for me this year. So it's fine.

Now I need to make up a rest-of-summer bucket list!

No comments: