Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Colin's haps

I talk a lot about Ben because he changes so fast, but you know...there's Colin around these parts too. I thought I'd give you a little update on him with some pictures.


Colin wrote his name about a month ago and I was quite impressed. I didn't help him write this. I traced my finger on the paper, and then he wrote it with a pen.
Dude loves smoothies. Here we were at Target and shared a strawberries and cream from Starbucks.
He came to school with me so I could do something really quickly and listened to a book on CD. Seriously. He looks huge here.
He loves playing Starfall on my laptop and using Kevin's iPad to watch PBS and Disney Jr. shows. I wish he liked playing games a little more than watching shows, but it does provide for some good consequences ("stop yelling or no iPad tonight.").
 I forget what he was talking about here, but he looks huge in this picture too.
His current favorites:
TV Shows: Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Phineas and Ferb, Little Einsteins
Foods: Mac & Cheese, hot dogs, pears, clementines
Toys: Legos and other building things, anything that can me made into a rocketship/airplane
Games: "Spiderman," Chutes and Ladders

He's a great shopping buddy. Most Sundays he comes with me to Target and Aldi. We were at Target yesterday and I was trying on some t-shirts (I got 5 shirts for $20!) and he said they looked pretty on me. I mean...how can I not buy them if they look pretty on me? :)

Colin continues to prove that he's an excellent builder. It's amazing what he can create with Legos, Tinker Toys, etc. He drew a stage on the whiteboard at daycare. What 3 year old draws a stage? I love his creative mind :)

Colin is SO ready for spring. He doesn't want to wear his boots anymore. He is anxiously awaiting the snow to melt so he can get his Gator out of the shed. Every time it rains and the sun shines, he gets super excited that the snow is melting, and he groans when it snows. Can't say I blame him :)

We open enrolled in the school district I work in for Jr. Kindergarten (4K/preschool) next year. It's a half day every day, and then he'll be able to still go to Sandy's for the other half of the day. We won't find out if we got accepted until June. Then we have to figure out transportation between Sandy's and school since the bus can't stop at Sandy's.

We're gearing up for his 4th birthday. 4TH BIRTHDAY. ::jaw drop:: So far it's Jake and the Neverland Pirates themed. Kevin and I are taking the day after his birthday off to do something fun with him. Not sure what yet...waterpark, Skyzone, zoo...we'll see what he picks.

1 comment:

stephie said...

I think he looks like a gangsta throwin signs! Or a rapper!