Thursday, May 3, 2012

Colin's 3rd Birthday Party

Colin's birthday party was a few weeks ago. He was so excited for it and went down for a nap like a champ before the festivities began. The weather was rainy and cool, so we had to gather in our living room.

He had a Mickey Mouse party, so we had hot dogs and bratwurst as our main dish (to go with the "Hot Dog Dance" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) along with fruit salad for our fruit-lovin' little boy, chips, and beans.

Colin loved this card that Grandma and Grandpa F. gave him. It was a Spongebob card that played the sponge's rendition of Happy Birthday when you pressed a button. He listened to it quite a few times, with a huge smile on his face every time. He has kept the card and likes to listen to it.
A bow and arrow from my brother. Rest assured, we stored it safely out of reach downstairs where he can't use it until he's AT LEAST strong enough to pull the string back by himself.
 He put this tank top on the floor, smoothed it out, and stared at it for a good minute.
His BirthdAY cake (Unrelated tirade ahead, I'm sorry. Can I just say that as a teacher, I really dislike when people mix up capital and lowercase letters? I work so tirelessly every day to get my 1st graders to write properly and the adults in their lives don't do it to set an example at home. And don't even get me STARTED on that d in BirthdAY. ::sigh::)
 The best picture I got of the birthday boy and his cake.
Blowing out his candles:








 

Colin had great fun! Thanks to all of our family and friends who came to celebrate! I asked him a few times what his favorite present was, and he always had a different answer.

No comments: