Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm the only parent of a non-preschooler 3 year old.

My facebook newsfeed is littered with countless 3 year olds starting preschool this year, all standing in their crisp, clean, first day of school outfits holding up a sign or standing next to an easel announcing their big milestone.

Part of me feels like a slacker for not sending Colin to preschool this year.
(He's going to be so far behind his peers!)
*Huh. This is the only thing on my list.

Part of me doesn't feel like a slacker.
(He loves daycare and Sandy is doing some preschool things with the 3 older kids this year)
(He loves being with Ben)
(He's a kid and school will start soon enough. Let him be a kid for one more year without the pressure of school)
(He needs another year of familiarity before we start the half day preschool routine)
(He'll learn his letters and numbers when he's ready)

So for now I guess I can just sit back and enjoy not having to worry about school for another year.

No comments: