Sunday, September 2, 2012

Off into the sunset


Thanks to the balance bike we got Colin for his birthday in April, learning how to ride a bike with no training wheels was a breeze! My parents had a bike at their house that the neighbor boy had given them. We were there last weekend, so I asked Colin if he wanted to give it a try. He hopped on, and I held on to the seat, but I could feel that he was balancing on his own, so I did what every good parent does: I let go. And away he went, yelling at me to hold on to him! I told him he was going too fast for me to keep up and he was doing just fine. Over the next few attempts, he gained confidence enough so that he knew he didn't need me to help. We took the bike home and Kevin showed him how to start, and they practiced turning in the church parking lot by our house. Easy as that.

And now we can be seen cruising around the neighborhood (and sometimes farther!) on our bikes, with Ben in the Burley, and it's so much fun :). Kevin and Colin even went on a ride yesterday that was almost 2 miles.

No comments: