Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ben: 13 months

Ben is 13 months old and FINALLY had his 1-year well baby visit.

He weighs 32 lbs, 6 oz (100th percentile) and measures 32 inches tall (95th percentile).

He was not a happy camper. We went at 4:00 on a Friday. I'm sure he just wanted to go home, but instead was being checked out by three people (nurse, resident, pediatrician) he didn't know. He didn't want anybody touching him.

He had a rash on his hand. He had it over Christmas break, it went away, and it came back again Friday morning. It was just some dark red spots on his right hand, mostly around his thumb but also on the back of his hand, his wrist, and a little bit on his forearm. I guess the consensus is that it's broken blood vessels. In other words, he gave himself a hickey from sucking and chewing on his hand. He doesn't do that very often, but I guess just enough.

Ben's bottom lateral incisors (hence the sucking and chewing on his hand) cut through on 1/11. His hair is getting to the point where I feel like it's almost time to cut it, but I just can't bear to snip the curls off yet :(

Ben's words are:
"na" = milk
"da" = this/that/there
"uh oh"
"mama" but only sometimes, like when he REALLY wants something.
"hi"

He's a bruiser. When he walks, he has a lot of momentum behind himself and crashes and falls a lot. He always has a bruise somewhere.

I love when I pick him up from daycare and he runs to me, his arms outstretched, and hugs my legs. I bend down to give him a hug and he puts his arms around my shoulders and hugs and pats my shoulders. Then he lets go, looks at me, and hugs me again. Such a great way to feel loved :)

Ben follows directions very well, which I'm quite impressed with! When we tell him to sit in his chair for meal times, he walks over to it. When it's bath time, he walks to the bathroom, opens the cabinet and picks out what toys he wants, throws them in the bath tub, and then stands next to me so I can  take his clothes off. When it's time to put his socks and shoes on, he sits on the floor in front of me and lifts up his little foot. Of course, there are times when he doesn't listen, like when he's getting his diaper changed.

Ben loves to wrestle and play with Colin. He loves to be in Colin's room, and his favorite part about it is his bed. He likes to climb up on it, walk around on the mattress, and fall down.

No comments: