Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions 2013

We rang in the new year in exciting style. The boys went to bed at their regular times and Kevin and I were tucked in at 11:00, although I wish it were more like 10:00 (or maybe earlier).

I'm so excited for 2013. I already know it's going to be an amazing year. Before I get to my new resolutions, let's review the 2012 version.
1. Pay off more debt.
Heck yeah! We paid off 2 credit cards, and another will be paid off this month.

2. Declutter.
I was a very good declutterer while I was on maternity leave. Our closets are still pretty organized with the baskets and bins I bought last year. As life goes, I didn't finish the whole year's worth of decluttering and it would probably be beneficial to start all over again. I've learned a lot about decluttering though and that "stuff is just stuff" and I truly won't miss the things I get rid of.

3. Survive the "Terrible 2s" and the first 8 months of the "Trying 3s": Round 1 (Colin).
We're surviving and there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Now that he's getting closer to four, he understands there's consequences to his actions and he takes less time outs. Thank the baby Jesus.

4. Be more generous. I don't know...I kept this resolution in the back of my mind a lot though and I like to think I was a little more generous. There's always room for improvement.

5. Make time for Rocket. I made a conscious effort to make sure I gave Rocket attention every day. If he snuggled with me in the evenings as I'm relaxing he'd get a lot more pets. But this is one thing I will be continuing to do.


Now for resolutions for 2013:
1. Pay OFF all debt. The remaining 2 (count 'em TWO!) credit cards will be paid off this summer at the latest! Then we're going to pay off my student loans and the Explorer and then we'll be debt-freakin'-free (aside from our mortgage) baby! I'm so freaking excited about this. We've been working really hard at sticking to a budget and "sacrificing" to get this debt out of our lives forever.

2. Run another 5k. It has been far too long. I've run one time since May 2011. Not good, but growing and breast feeding Ben took priority and now that we're on the cusp of being done with it, I can start running again.

3. Unplug. I admit there are times when I'm on my phone or laptop when I should be playing with the boys or doing something more productive. So I'm going to put the phone and laptop away until they're in bed.

No comments: