Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pediatrician Appointments

This afternoon Colin had his 4 year well check and Ben had his 18 month well check.

Colin:
Weight: 40 lbs (81 %ile)....holding steady at the 80th
Height: 41.5" (3' 5.5") (69 %ile)....3.5 inches taller since June 2012

Everything looked good :) Per my audiologist's recommendation, I had Dr. C. send in a referral to the audiology department to get Colin's hearing test done so we have a baseline to refer to in the future.

Ben:
Weight: 32 lbs 13 oz (100+ %ile)....holding steady around this weight for about 6 months now.
Height: 33.75" (2' 9.75") (88 %ile)...grew 1.25 inches since March

Another healthy boy. Dr. C. noticed that Ben's front tooth is chipped a little bit. I hadn't noticed. How horrible is that? He said there's a 50/50 chance it will turn black and die. Awesome. Let's hope we're in the "good" half, shall we? Dr. C. has this "trick" that he does. He turns on his light and has his little patients "blow it out" while he flips the switch. Ben watched Colin do it, so when Dr. C. told him to blow it out, he did. And then he let out the best belly laugh. Dr. C. said it's so fun to see an 18 month old interact like that.

Then it was shot time. Ben I wasn't worried about. He cries when he gets poked, and then I pick him up and give him a hug and he's fine. Colin, on the other hand, is a bit more dramatic and hadn't had a shot since he was two. When I told him he had to get a shot, he immediately closed up. I put him on the table and he crawled all over me to get up, but eventually we pinned him down and got it done. He clung to me for a little while before we could leave, but the rest of the night he was fine.

We made things happier by going to McDonald's for supper. A rare treat, so we went all out and Colin and I got a chocolate shake to share :)

The worst part of these appointments is getting those two to be QUIET while Dr. C. and I are talking. I should have learned my lesson by now and do the appointments separately. That would be a lot more productive. We're both distracted and the boys go nuts. Ben opens the door and runs away, Colin is (trying to get attention?) loud, etc. Not cool. Someone remind me in December not to bring Colin with us, okay?

1 comment:

grandma J said...

that's my boys....hee hee