Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween and other random thoughts

In one word, Halloween was uneventful. We had 28 trick-or-treaters (yes, I counted). We stayed home, and no, Colin didn't dress up as anything. Call me a party pooper. After all, every party needs one. I just didn't want to spend $15 on costume, I guess. Colin didn't know the difference, anyway. Next year, my friends.

Then on Sunday, I went shopping and took Colin. Thanks to Daylight Savings Time screwing everything up, the only time he napped on Sunday was on the way to the shops and on the way home (40 min drive each way). I bought an Avent sippy cup that can be disassembled and interchanged with our Avent bottles, so we can make a transition between bottle and sippy cup soon. I also couldn't resist buying him a big ball and a toy remote control since he loves our TV remote. If he sees it, he has to have it.

Leah and Isaac
came over on Sunday to watch the big Vikings-Packers game with Colin and I. It was fun to see them again! Isaac sure is a little roller and scooter! Colin isn't so much. He may have learned a thing or two from Isaac, though, because today he scooted a little if I pushed on his feet when Kevin was a few feet in front of him. All in good time. While I want him to hit his developmental milestones, I also know that it's nice to have a somewhat immobile child as opposed to one that goes wherever he pleases and puts whatever he finds in his mouth.

Bedtime continues to go well. He sometimes fusses for just a minute when we put him down, but not every night!

I wish either a) his teeth would come in or b) we would stop assuming his teeth are coming in, because we've been assuming they're coming for about 3 weeks now. You know what assuming does.

We're on week 2 of the convertible car seat. It's going pretty well. I was sad to have to wake him up when we arrived at our destinations on Sunday, instead of just carrying him in his infant seat and letting him sleep. That's pretty much the only bad part.

Trying out the cowmooflage:
Lovin' veggies:
Bathtime with the rubber ducky! Colin's really good at sitting up in the tub now :)
I shouldn't even mention this, but in case you're one of those readers who likes to make the picture bigger by clicking on it, that mold on the bathtub wall is not our fault. The previous homeowner didn't use the right kind of caulk, and it's nasty McNast. Don't judge. Tell me what to use to clean it. I've tried the Magic Eraser, bleach, vinegar and baking soda, various bathroom cleaners, and Tilex Mold and Mildew, which works the best of all, but still not good enough. That stuff is the reason I don't take baths, and the reason my baby will be bathing in his "baby" tub until he's old enough to shower.
Wet, decomposing leaves in mouth = we're done and going back inside.

3 comments:

stephie said...

Love the cowmooflage!!! Can't wait to see Mr. C on Sunday!

Kristin said...

He looks so cute!! I think he likes that new cow seat, and I won't judge your tub because my whole house has to be cleaned...of course! See you soon!!!

leah @maritalbless said...

Even though I just saw him, I looooove the pictures!