Saturday, November 14, 2009

Progress

This week at daycare, Colin has taken a few of his morning naps in his crib! They even reported they can put him down awake and he goes to sleep. Yesss! And as I speak, and I hope I don't jinx this, he's taking his *hopefully* long afternoon nap in his crib. Yesss! Here's what he looks like as I type. Sometimes he sleeps with his butt up in the air, and it makes me just want to crawl in the crib and snuggle with him. I doubt I'd fit.
Colin's food repertoire now includes fruit! He even eats a little bit of fruit with his rice cereal at daycare in the morning. He's not too sure about bananas, and I wouldn't be either, because Gerber bananas smell so sour. He loves applesauce, peaches, and pears though! This weekend we're going to stock up on 2nd foods since all of our 1st foods are gone, and he's ready for some more texture.

On the occasion that I do take his temperature (recently it's been, like...uh...every other day because he feels warm to me), it has been at 99.something degrees. He's been pretty cranky on and off for a whole week. Or maybe I should say "less content more often" instead, because he is moody by nature. Last night when he was taking a bath, he was looking up at the ceiling and laughing. I sure hope he saw the Tooth Fairy up there. Chant with me now, "Tooth! Tooth! Tooth!" I so want these first 2 teeth to poke through. And still...I have no idea whether they actually are on their way or not. I may be chanting the word tooth until he's 2. And oh, the drool. This is his drooling/finger-chewing/mad face picture, which is commonplace these days:
Parenting is such a guessing game.

2 comments:

stephie said...

I'd want to crawl in with him too!! I'll chant for you too! Hope you have a good weekend...love ya!

Triana said...

I have been looking and waiting for teeth too! I swear I have thought he was teething for 2 months now. Lol. Still no sign of teeth!