Saturday, February 13, 2010

Does this look like crap?

We're playing a onesie game at my friend B's shower next weekend. Family and friends who are concerned that B will see this, relax. She didn't ask for an invite to the blog, thus, she can't! I'm safe. Anyway...We're bringing a onesie that "relates" to our relationship w/B in someway. A loooong time ago, when we were in high school, B was at my parents' house and a bird flew by and crapped right on her curled bangs. So I searched for a bird onesie. Couldn't find one...and especially not a gender-neutral one. So I thought I'd try my hand at applique and see how it goes. This is my very first attempt at applique.

From afar:And the eh...not so cute closer-up version:
Tell me. Do I chalk it up to being a beginner, put it in Colin's wardrobe (it's in his current size), and try again? Or is this "good enough" (good enough is never good enough...)?

My concerns are...the onesie is Wal-Mart's version of Carters, which is great for a layer underneath t-shirts, but a bit on the thin side. So the space between the between the bird's legs is a little flimsy. Plus, the legs aren't as vertical as I'd like them to be. And just the overall quality of the stitching (uneven...).

I think it looks pretty good from a far. But what I think it looks like (wanting it to be perfect and JUST what I envisioned) and what B thinks it looks like will be a different opinion.

So...tell me. Vote to the right, or leave a comment.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I think Brooke will appreciate that you made it for her! Go for it :)

stephie said...

I think it looks great for your first time...definitely give it to B. Yesterday I stopped at Hancock and actually found an ice cream applique so I put that on a onesie. While shopping for the onesie at Target I did see a pink onesie with ice cream and a cupcake on it...go figure. Oh well, this looks good and will have to do. Besides, B will get 4 extra out of the deal!! I had already gotten one at Babie R Us that I was going to impravise with. Love ya!