Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy birthday Colin!

I can't believe it has been 3 years since my biggest little man has entered into my little world and flipped it upside down.

This morning we let Colin open his "boring" present. I found some Phineus and Ferb underwear I just had to get him. He was not nearly as excited about them as I had anticipated. He also got socks and a shirt with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy on it. I had envisioned him wearing all 3 items, but he ended up wearing none of it. I'm sure he'll come around. He's kind of leary of new stuff.

He took banana cupcakes with Mickey Mouse ears to daycare to share with his friends.
And pineapple fruit cups. A little balance is always appreciated when kids are involved. He also brought his friends little goodie bags with a little toy and Goldfish Grahams.

Sandy gave him a(nother) digger construction toy and a basketball.

This afternoon, we gave him...well, I'll just show you...
I told him he couldn't look in the garage.
Covering his eyesChecking it outHelping daddy pump up the tires
Screwing the valve cap back on Ready to ride!
He rode around on the driveway for a little while, then...




...Decided to swing instead. The attention span of a 3 year old :)


Later on, he rode it a little bit again. It's different than the bikes with training wheels he rides at daycare. He was caught very off-guard when he realized it didn't have pedals. We told him that once he got the hang of riding this one (when he can lift his feet up and coast/balance comfortably) we'd let him pick out a bike with pedals at the store.

Colin requested corn dogs, broccoli, and strawberries for supper tonight. He got his first 3 minute time out and ended his evening by watching his Frosty the Snowman DVD. :)

I asked him today what he wanted to be when he grows up and he said, "Daddy."
I asked him what his favorite present was and he said his dig-dig.

We have more celebrating to do on Saturday when family and friends come for the big birthday bash. But today's small, quiet celebration was fantastic.

Happy birthday big boy!

No comments: