Friday, September 26, 2008

The beginning

On August 13, I woke up, took my temperature, and noticed a slight rise from the day before. If you know anything about temping, this is good towards the end of your cycle if you're trying to conceive. I went to the bathroom and took a Dollar Tree test, and stared at it while I waited. I didn't expect much--I just wanted to use the test since it only costed a measly dollar.

But then, what doth my eyes see but a second faint line. I flung the bathroom door open and scared Kev out of his pajama pants.
Me: "Kev! Come take a look at this!"
Kev: "Wha? Huh? What's going on?"
Me: "You gotta come here. NOW!"
Kev: stumbling out of bed, walking into bathroom
Me: "What do you see right here?"
Kev: doesn't look very close "A line."
Me: "No right here!" pointing to the test line
Kev: "That's another line. You're pregnant."
Me: "AHhh!!"

In utter disbelief because I just didn't think it was going to happen, I didn't get too excited. Many months ago, my co-worker friend Stacey started collecting EPT coupons for me. This was before we were trying to have a baby. She's such an enabler ;) So I went out later that day and used my $3 off coupon and bought a 3-pack, which included a digital.

I wanted to wait until the next morning to test with the digital, but Kev just couldn't wait that long (and yes--that's the truth). So I tested and within 30 seconds I saw "pregnant" pop up on the screen. THEN we got excited.

Thus (almost) the very beginning of Baby Rain(a)'s existence. He or she will make an appearance at the end of April.

No comments: