Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My craving

I think I've found it. I've known it for awhile, but I wasn't sure it would last. It's been here for a month now, and I'm not sure when it will stop. When we went to my parents' house last weekend, my only food request was mashed potatoes. I had to have a scoop of mashed potatoes in the IKEA cafe after I saw Brooke's. Kevin made pork chops and potatoes Sunday night, and all I ate were the potatoes. Last week one of the hot lunches at school included tater tots. I almost considered paying $2.85 to get a tray full of them.

As if these signs weren't enough, I started to admit it last night at the grocery store when I sought out more potato products than ever before. Tater tots, potato/broccoli/cheese Lean Cuisines (and no other varieties), I even stared at the box of instant potatoes and considered it. I resisted. I tried to find potato soup in one of those convenient microwaveable bowls, but there wasn't any! I was very disappointed. We decided we'll go to the farmer's market on Saturday and get some actual potatoes, too. I guess there's just something so comforting about a spud to this little spud.

Speaking of whom has moved up from the size of a prune to the size of a lime today. Limes are big. You know what's the size of a lime? A red potato.

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

Haha! I love how across the board it is, save for the potato part! Oh and FYI, that lean cuisine will hit the spot!

Yay on Rain(a) making it to a lime! or red potato . . .