Friday, September 26, 2008

Telling our parents

AJ's parents:
We drove down to Rochester with 2 books in tow: Week at Grandma's by Stan and Jan Berenstein for my mom

and Grandma, Grandpa, and Me by Mercer Meyer for my dad


They were wrapped up, and when we arrived at their house we waited for the perfect time when we were all together. The opportunity arose as we had congregated in the backyard. I signaled to Kev to get the gifts out of the car. He rounded up my brother who conveniently happened to be in town as well. We told my mom and dad that we had early anniversary presents for them. They opened their gifts, and were shocked and oh so happy. Later that day my mom and I exchanged information that made us both excited: I told her that we were going to use cloth diapers (I bet you didn't know that I was a cloth-diapered baby), and she told me that her labor with me was only 7 hours.

Kevin's parents:
I hit the clearance rack at Wal-Mart and bought a boys' size 4-5 muscle tank and wrote on the back of it: "I'm going to be a big brother in April" for our unsuspecting pooch, Rocket, to wear.

Not amused.

On our way back home from Rochester, we stopped at Kev's parents' house. I chatted with my in-laws while Kev practiced dressing something smaller than him. Rocket ran out of the car and over to where we were standing. Of course, he was excited to share the news so he had a hard time sitting still, but Kev's parents were finally able to read his message. Kev's mom asked, "What is that supposed to mean?" and Kev's dad said, "I know what it means!" They were excited and happy as well. A few minutes later, Rocket peed on the shirt. He really is excited to have a sibling. I promise. I just don't think he's excited about wearing clothes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you! How exciting!! :)

leah @maritalbless said...

I love it! Rocket does not seem impressed, but he totally came through for you! :)

grandma J said...

Yeah!!