Monday, August 30, 2010

The end

Today is my last day off before the new school year begins. Colin woke up at 4:50 this morning. oy. Luckily he fell asleep in our bed with me for an hour or so longer. After getting dressed, we spent the morning going for a walk to see the trucks working on the building near our house. We went to Sandy's (new daycare) to drop some stuff off and play for awhile. He starts on Wednesday, and he is going to love it there. She built a car wash out of PVC pipe and hooks up a hose to it and water sprays out of all of these holes that are drilled into it. The kids run through it or drive pedal cars through it. Awesome. He got so worn out there that he fell asleep in the car, so he's taking an early nap right now.

This afternoon, we'll eat lunch and meet up with some friends we met in swimming class, Kristen and her little guy Will. I also happened to get a flat tire on my way home from Sandy's. I stepped out of my car and immediately heard a loud "Sssssssss!" I ran over a nail somewhere, and there's no doubt that within the hour I'll have a flat tire. So I guess we'll have to get that fixed too. Way to put a damper on my perfect day, nail.

Kevin's mom is watching Colin tomorrow since I have to work and he can't start daycare until Wednesday.

Good bye, carefree summer. Hello, school year.

Note to self: Enjoy the mere 2-3 hrs you have with Colin on the weeknights. Remember this feeling you hold at this very instant of really, deeply knowing your son. Don't let it fade to only discover it again next summer.

No comments: