Friday, August 13, 2010

"If I'm not back in 25 minutes, call the cops"

(because I'm either passed out or abducted).

This is what you will hear in our house about every other day these days.

People, I run. I run! I'm running. And I don't taste blood and my legs don't itch anymore and I don't have to stop moving just to catch my breath and I don't have shin splints (cross fingers), and sweating isn't all that bad. My biggest problem is my iPod headphones falling out of my ears.

Why would my legs itch? --nobody knows for sure, but it is believed to be the blood flowing into capillaries it hasn't flowed into for awhile. this is good.

The tasting blood and the catching breath parts are because of the blessed asthma I am blessed to be blessed with. I make sure to take the prerequisite 2 puffs before exercise, and then I give myself a booster puff right before I leave. Magic.

Today was the first day of week 3 of the Couch to 5K running plan. That means that I did a brisk 5 min walk, jogged 90 sec, walked 90 sec, jogged 3 MINUTES, walked 3 minutes, and then repeat the jog/walk. 3 solid minutes of jogging is big for me. Every week I have to adjust my route to make it bigger because I need more distance.

I have to admit that I took a "before" picture when I started this program, and I'm hoping there's a noticeable difference. Don't even ask, because I will NOT post the before picture! Unless, of course, there is a noticeable difference, which will lead to taking an "after" picture, which will then lead to me posting them both to my blog.