Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pacifier weaning: Phase 3

Check!

Phase 1 was weaning him from it during the day.
Phase 2 was weaning him from it during car rides.
Phase 3 was weaning him from it for naptimes.

Once again, we got lucky and Sept. 1 = new day care = Sandy (day care provider) decided she was going to pretend she didn't have a nukkie for Colin at nap time. I said "good luck" and told her to go for it. Luckily she wore him out enough in the morning, so he just passed out at nap time with hardly a word about it.

The weekends haven't been as easy. He definitely fought his naps. The first weekend after starting day care at Sandy's, Colin chose to sleep on the floor like he does at her house. He also took naps in the car on the way to Spooner. Both naps were without his pacifier. This past weekend, he took a nap on "my bed" at my parents' house and took a very short nap at home. Both without his pacifier.

I think he's a bit confused about when, exactly, he can have it. Because he can't have it at nap time, but he can have it for bed time. And that's confusing. I get it.

And that's where I'll stop my pacifier weaning talk because I'm superstitious. Update to come.

No comments: