Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ok, 5K!

After last weekend's 5K cancellation, I was looking forward to this weekend even more. I ran a 5K right here in town for Heritage Days (not to be confused with our town's "days" festival in July). Close to home, small, familiar.

Here's a few super attractive pictures close to the finish. I stole them off of the running club's website.

This is when I could see the finish and started picking up speed. It appears as though I'm the only one running. I promise you I wasn't.
At the finish, when the officials ripped the strip off my number:Note to self: Ask for an iPod clip/carrier or some sort for Christmas. I run with it in my hand.

I suffered a wound. I run my headphone cords underneath my shirt and clip the cord to my sports bra with this gigantic clip. Otherwise, the ear pieces fall out of my ears. I've used this clip for about a month without incident. As of yesterday, the top layer of skin where the clip rubs wore off. Minor damage that will heal by the end of the week. But I do have to figure out something else.

I finished with a time of 27:50, and I came in first place for my age group (25-29). There must not have been anybody else my age running, I guess ;) I now own a sweet medal that I hang on my bedpost (I kid...). I should have stuck around for the awards ceremony because they were giving out pies too. I'll know for next year!

5 comments:

stephie said...

That's awesome AJ!! That's about what I run, so it would be fun to run races with you. Congratulations...glad you had a great weekend. Love ya!

Sarah G said...

I AM SO IMPRESSED!!! You KILLED it!!!

Earbud resolution = purchase a pair of inexpensive sport headphones that wrap around your ears . . . my ears must be shaped funny inside, because I can't keep regular earbuds from falling out. Then, I usually just tuck the extra cord into the top of my sports bra (no chafing clips required).

I can't believe you ran the race in a SWEATSHIRT, either. You amaze me, Woman!!

grandma J said...

Great form Andrea....makes me want to walk one someday.

AJ said...

Sarah, I feel like those wouldn't work either. But maybe I'm wrong. I'll get some and give them a whirl. My ears are shaped funny on the inside too.

Not a sweatshirt...a long sleeved t-shirt with a hood, with another long sleeved t over it. It was a chilly morning (low 50s). I did get warm enough to take the top layer off when I was done running.

Stephie...I would love to run with you sometime.

leah @maritalbless said...

YAY for AJ! I can't tell you how proud I was of you to get your text message! You did awesome!