Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Flu Bug has hit (PG-rated vomit mentioned)

We put Colin to bed last night and we could tell he was tired. I heard him coughing so I went in his room to check on him and he had thrown up. I scooped him up, stripped him down, and cleaned him up while Kevin took care of his bedding.

Never in my life would I have thought I'd ever watch a Monster Truck race (is that what they are called?!) on TV, but Colin's a boy who loves his trucks! As I was flipping through the channels with a sick little boy cuddled on my lap, I came across the Speed channel which featured them. We watched while Kevin finished cleaning up Colin's bed.

Then I took him back to his room and rocked him. The rocking was too much (I realized this too late) and he started swallowing hard so I ran him to the bathroom so he could throw up some more.

After watching more monster trucks, I put him back in bed and 10 minutes later he started coughing again. We caught him in time and managed to keep him and his bed and everything else clean.

He went back to sleep without a problem and slept through the night.

We got a call from Sandy this morning saying she was also sick with the flu so daycare was closed. That was fine with us because we had already made arrangements for Kevin's mom to come over and for me to take the afternoon off.

He threw up again this morning after a bite of toast and that was the last time (thank God!).

He took a 4 hour nap today until I woke him up at 3:40 and went to bed easily tonight at his normal time. Hopefully since he's sleeping a lot he's fighting off the remaining bug.

Now let's hope and pray Kevin and I don't get the bug!

1 comment:

stephie said...

Yes, you need to stay healthy so I can see you on Saturday!!!