Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ho Hum

That's how I'm feeling these days. The winter blahs.

Colin got his first "professional" hair cut a few weekends ago, as opposed to the at-home buzz cut we gave him the day before his birthday. He was sporting a no-business-all party, mop-headed mullet.
He hated it. We went to Kids' Hair on a Saturday morning. The place was swarming with kids, all crowded into a tiny "lobby" (aka carpet). He didn't get enough of a "warm-up" time to see what the place was all about, which resulted in this:
After stroking my hair for a little while, he calmed to this, still holding on to me:
And then to this:
I asked for a little boy hair cut.
I thought it would be longer in the back. Oh well...at least the mullet is gone.

We also tried sledding. Colin giggled on his first trip down, and the two subsequent trips were, apparently, less fun because after three times down the hill, he was done. I, however, could've gone down many, many more times.
We've been hot and cold about potty training, but now I think Colin might be ready to go at it with the help of my good friends M & M. On occasion I ask him if he wants to go sit on his Thomas potty and get a treat. He usually says yes and sits and actually makes himself pee every single time. Sitting = 1 m&m, pee = 2, poo = 3 (when we get there...) I was going to wait until spring break and go at potty training full speed ahead, but I think maybe we'll take a slower approach until then. Sandy is on board to help out as well! The sooner we're done with diapers the better! Our BumGeniuses are wearing out and I'm so sick of diaper rash (due to teething...).

Not much else is new, sadly. The kids at school are absolutely nutso. Even my good kids are a little wonky these days. Cabin fever, perhaps. Let the countdown to spring break begin :) 43 days to go...

1 comment:

stephie said...

I hear ya on the cabin fever! Colin is looking so handsome!