Saturday, January 22, 2011

Obstacles

After I was over the flu, I got an awesome cough complete with phlegm balls. I've had it for a few weeks now, but today I thought I should get back on the treadmill and get back to training. Stephie and I are officially canoeing/biking/running the Root River Triathlon in May. With iPod in hand and Asics tied, I jumped up on the treadmill and boy did it feel good to be there! I was walking my warm up and started coughing to the point where I had to stop to get the phlegm ball loosened and out. I hopped up on the treadmill again, and within 30 seconds I felt a chunk in my throat. I ran to the bathroom and gagged.

Apparently I'm not ready to start running again. Frustrating.

1 comment:

Jen N. said...

I heard something the other day that said if the illness is from the neck up, you're good to workout. But, if it's from the neck down, you should wait it out. Hope you're feeling better!