Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

We "celebrated" with the east coast and went to bed at 11, as per our uge. The very first day of the new year was spent mostly at home, although I did venture out to purchase some curtains for our bedroom. The string on the blinds broke, so we decided to go the curtain route instead. Thank you, Christmas money!

Here's my version of a 2010 rundown, choosing only the most memorable of happenings and forgoing most of the posts that detailed someone being sick (there were quite a few!). Click if you want more details.
January-R.I.P. Tucker
February-General Happenings of C (aka nothing too important happened)
March-He walks!
April-ZOMG He's 1!?:):(
May-First Twins Game
June-Start to Kick Debt's @$$
July-Loss of Kev's Gma
August-I get my butt off the couch and run
September-It's a tie->First 5K & Hospital Stay
October-The start of the word explosion
November-Adios, Nukky!
December-Blizzard

I have some resolutions I'd like to officially record right here for all to see. All of these are quite manageable and I do expect to be able to accomplish them! Well, #3 is going to be a challenge.
1. Run/"do" 3 races. One I have in mind is the Root River Triathlon, which includes 6.5 miles of canoeing instead of swimming. Also, 8 miles of biking and a 3 mile run.
2. Pay off a large chunk of debt. I'd like to say half of what we owe. Seems like a lofty goal, but perhaps we can do it barring no financial obstacles getting in our way.
3. Leave work at the end of the day with a clean(er) desk. The least I can do is put the papers in one nice, neat stack, right? Really, I'm going to try hard to get better at this.
4. Get Colin potty trained for good (I know, I keep saying that. 2011 is the year baby!).
5. Re-start "date nights" on the 7th(ish) of every month. Kev and I have been slacking. With a fresh batch of gift cards in-hand, we're ready!

Cheers to 2011! May it be full of happiness, friends, family, and completed resolutions.

No comments: