Thursday, July 21, 2011

20 weeks

Half baked! Can you believe it? Yeah, me neither.
Picture will be posted along with u/s in the next post :)

How far along? 20 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: +13 lbs (at midwife appointment)
Size: Cantaloupe, or 6.5 inches and 10.5 ounces
Baby Development: "He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery)." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Not teaching summer school and hanging out with Colin instead :)
Movement: Snowflake moves around a little bit every day.
Food cravings: Meat, I guess. Fruit, I guess. Nothing too major.
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Sub sandwiches, comfortable jeans/shorts, alcohol
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I busted out the maternity shorts a couple of days. Otherwise I've been wearing mesh Champion shorts and most of my regular shorts/capris. I'm still wearing non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps. He often asks for me to come and "buddah up" (cover him up) in the middle of the night. And he gets mad when Kevin tries to help and not me.
Gender?: We won't be finding out.
Belly button?: It's very circular and not very deep.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Our ultrasound and midwife appointment. I can't wait to see Snowflake!

No comments: