Friday, July 22, 2011

The Belly: Inside and Outside Views

20 weeks with Snowflake vs. 20 weeks with Colin
I finally feel like I've evened out. As in, my belly at 20 weeks with Colin is very similar to my belly at 20 weeks with Snowflake.

Speaking of whom, introducing...Snowflake!

Snowflake was very cooperative at our ultrasound yesterday. The ultrasound technician easily got all of the necessary measurements, which all turned out completely normal. Snowflake was situated breech facing my right side. S/he was playing pat-a-cake with closed fists, which was super cute. We also saw him/her drinking amniotic fluid. Not gonna lie, tears slid down my face as I watched a healthy Snowflake bop around in my belly. Each time the amazing ultrasound technician said "this is normal," relief spread throughout my body. This little one is part of our family and, just like after hearing the heartbeat, after seeing the ultrasound, it feels even more real.

After our ultrasound, I buzzed up to see my midwife for my appointment which was quick and non-eventful.

2 comments:

grandma J said...

Hi snowflake... this is grandma

Laura said...

Yay for first picture of snowflake :) You are looking good, can't believe you are half way there already!!