Thursday, July 14, 2011

19 weeks

19 weeks Snowflake vs. 19 weeks Colin (which includes an ultrasound picture of him!)

How far along? 19 weeks 0 days
Total weight gain/loss: +11 lbs (no change from the last few weeks)
Size: Mango, or 6 inches and 8.5 ounces
Baby Development: "Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: People making baby comments when they look at my belly. This is better than me wondering, "Do they think I'm pregnant or carrying a spare tire?"
Movement: Not only do I feel movement on the inside now, but I have also felt Snowflake moving from the outside, and I swear I even saw a kick!
Food cravings: Meat, I guess. Fruit, I guess. Nothing too major.
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Sub sandwiches, comfortable jeans/shorts, alcohol
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I busted out the maternity shorts a couple of days. Otherwise I've been wearing mesh Champion shorts and most of my regular shorts/capris. I'm still wearing non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps. He often asks for me to come and "buddah up" (cover him up) in the middle of the night. And he gets mad when Kevin tries to help and not me.
Gender?: We won't be finding out.
Belly button?: It's very circular and not very deep.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Being done with summer school tomorrow!!! We're celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday this weekend too.

1 comment:

stephie said...

Looking good! Have a great weekend! Happy birthday Grandma!