Thursday, July 7, 2011

18 weeks

18 weeks Snowflake vs. 18 weeks Colin
How far along? 18 weeks 0 days
Total weight gain/loss: +11 pounds
Size: Sweet potato, or 5.5 inches and almost 7 ounces
Baby Development: "Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Going to Como and the the 4th of July
Movement: I'm feeling more obvious movement.
Food cravings: Meat, I guess. Fruit, I guess. Nothing too major.
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Sub sandwiches, comfortable jeans/shorts, alcohol
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I busted out the maternity shorts a couple of days. Otherwise I've been wearing mesh Champion shorts and most of my regular shorts/capris. I'm still wearing non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps. He often asks for me to come and "buddah up" (cover him up) in the middle of the night. And he gets mad when Kevin tries to help and not me.
Gender?: We won't be finding out.
Belly button?: It's very circular and not very deep.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Being done with another week of summer school (Homestretch--4 down, 1 to go!). Fun Fest (our small town's festival) is this weekend, so we're taking Colin on a few rides and eating some yummy fair food. Colin might even get to go to the tractor pull.

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

Definitely not twins!

AJ said...

Leah, I checked out your belly pic at 18 weeks with Ezra and you're so tiny in it! It might just be twins, girl.