Friday, March 30, 2012

Life Lately

I'm utterly exhausted.

We had Ben's baptism last weekend. It was good. I need to post pictures of it, but by the time I'm sitting on the couch, I have a baby on my lap along with my laptop. Like right now Ben's sleeping and my arms are reaching over him to type.

Work has been crazy. The kids are absolutely off the wall. Spring sprung early this year, so the unruly behaviors we usually see in May have already started in March and we still have more than 2 months to go. Ugh. Add to that high school drama with co-workers who whine and don't put on their big girl panties and do their job (that's all I'll say about that!), and it makes for some stress.

Colin has been sick the last few days and might have Whooping Cough. He's up to date on his vaccines, but one of the girls at daycare was just diagnosed with it. She went to the doctor on Tuesday and JUST got diagnosed with it today, four days later. She's been at daycare all along. And then Colin decides to put his mouth on the toys that the little baby also puts in her mouth, and germs are spread. I took Colin in for a Whooping Cough test to see if he has it, and got antibiotics as a precautionary. We won't know if it's positive until Tuesday. Last night, I "medicated" him all I could. I gave him honey cough syrup, wrestled him down and shot saline up his nose, rubbed Vicks BabyRub on his feet and chest, and plugged a Vicks vapor plug-in thing into the outlet in his room. He slept a lot better last night than he did the night before, so we'll do the same thing again tonight and hope it works. Now I can only hope that Ben doesn't get it. He has gotten one DTaP vaccination and is 100% breastfed, so I'm hoping that helps. It's hard to keep Colin away from him though.

Ben has slept through the night 3 nights in a row. I probably just jinxed it by writing it, but that's okay. I nurse him around 8:30 or so, and after he has a full belly, Kevin walks around with him and he dozes off and sleeps until we have to wake him up at 6:30. It's heavenly!

I'm going to win a half billion dollars later tonight, so if you don't hear from me for awhile, just assume I'm getting all my financial ducks in a row. I'll be back. Don't worry :)

No comments: