Saturday, March 31, 2012

Words that make me smile

"You a good maker."
In reference to my cooking skillz

"I wuv you too."
He just started saying this back to me. Before, when I told him I loved him, he'd say, "yeah." Typical male.

"I want you."
Even if it's mid-tantrum and I'm ready to pull my hair out. Too bad most of the time he says it I know he's trying to butter me up and I have to ignore it. Ahhh the joys of toddlerhood.

"You want dum danny (some candy)? I den dare wiff (can share with) you 'fyou (if you) want."
Does he need to ask?

"I want bedgies (veggies)!"
This was after throwing a temper tantrum last night about not having anything besides the main dish on his dinner plate. I didn't know what he wanted, but finally he calmed down enough to tell us he wanted mixed veggies. I gladly obliged, obviously.

Even though he can be moody, he knows the way to his Mama's heart, whether through reciprocating love or offering up some chocolate. Love and chocolate. That's all I really need in life.

No comments: