Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Health update

So, as of tonight, Colin is officially done with his Amoxicillin! I'm done with mine tomorrow. Good riddance. Kevin is getting better, but has a lingering cough.

Bad news is that Colin's antibiotics gave him a yeasty diaper rash and my antibiotics gave him Thrush. Hooray. So now we have to squirt a tiny bit of Nystatin in Colin's little mouth to get rid of THAT infection.

I'm pumping a bottle in the morning before I take my antibiotics and sending that to daycare, along with a bunch of frozen milk. The milk I pump during the day gets flushed. It makes me sad not to keep it, but I don't want to have to deal with Thrush/yeasty diaper rash any longer than I have to. I think after tomorrow is over, I'll go back to keeping the milk, because the antibiotics will lessen and hopefully it should be okay.

All this the week that Colin has decided he'd like to drink over 20 oz. per day at daycare. He used to average 4 4-5 oz bottles. Yesterday and today, he averaged about 5 5-6 oz bottles. Kev had to make a special trip to daycare yesterday afternoon to drop off more frozen milk. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with him! If not...lactation cookies, here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy. I love how he trashed your sign! Sorry you have been sick. Glad you are feeling better. aunt dj