Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sickness

Yesterday started out great. We went to the park and to Target, but then Colin got very tired and cranky. He wouldn't let us put him down for one second. So at 7:30 I took his temperature. It was 104.3. So I called my mom, who advised me to call the ER to ask them what to do. I waited on the Tylenol in case they wanted me to bring him and take his temperature themselves. The RN on the phone told me to give him the Tylenol, and retake his temperature throughout the night. At 8:00 it was still 102. He didn't sleep much at all, and we re-took his temperature during his diaper changes at night, and kept giving him Tylenol. At 3 am, he was still running a 102.5 fever, so we went across the street to the ER. Turns out Mr. Man has bronchitis and a bit of an ear infection in one of his ears (but it seems we caught it early enough so that he wasn't in too much pain from it yet). We left with some Amoxicillin. We barely slept a wink all night, since he was so (understandably) needy.

Fast forward....at 1:15 pm today, after some Motrin, Amoxicillin, a cool bath (which he hated), a cool washcloth on his head, and a few naps, his temp was 99. Thank goodness. I was getting so worried about his hot little head. Every bad thought started going through my mind, including febrile seizures. I'm telling you, it's no fun having a sick baby. Now we sit and wait for his temperature to spike again. He's in good spirits today. If you didn't know, you wouldn't think he's sick. Although we haven't put him down to play on the floor at all today yet.

What makes things even ickier is that I think I have strep, or some sort of action going on in my throat/ear. So I may not be going in to work tomorrow and going to the doctor instead. I hate planning for a sub, though, especially on only the 9th day of school, and hope I feel well enough to work. Colin for sure can't go to daycare tomorrow, but luckily Kevin can "easily" stay home with him.

1 comment:

stephie said...

Poor guy...hope he is doing better today? How are you doing?