Sunday, September 6, 2009

Quick update

This week has been extremely busy. The school year has officially started. I have 20 lovely 1st graders to keep my mind off my little man all day long. I think it's going to be a good year, as long as I can keep H from being a pest to his classmates (and me), and M and C from avoiding schoolwork by focusing on more important things like erasers and who knows what else.

Daycare is still going well. The report on Friday was that Colin is adjusting nicely, and so far they are loving our Bumgenius diapers. This gave me free reign to buy another batch in the buy-6-get-1-free deal. I think we have enough of them now so that we're not stressing about not having enough for nighttime (since we use them overnight) and for daycare.

We had a wedding on Saturday. Kevin's BFF Justin's (can men use the term BFF?) sister got married. It was a gorgeous day for a gorgeous outdoor ceremony. The reception was nice, too. Colin slept through the ceremony and was entranced by all the people he could watch at the reception. We sat at the table and he fell asleep in Kevin's lap. He woke up again to socialize, and he and I left at 9:00 while Kevin stayed to party all night long. I don't think he regrets the party, but he did regret all the drinking this morning :).

Today we hung out at home, and then visited Kevin's mom and dad and some other people out at "the farm" (the kind of former farm that doesn't have any animals, but does have a few veggie plants). Colin loves being outside, so he had fun being carried around and looking at something different for a change.

We have no plans for tomorrow's big Labor Day holiday, except to buy some groceries for a diet Kevin is starting tomorrow. Wish him luck, and keep the goodies and alcohol (even beer) away from him. It's going to be hard (the man loves his chocolate), but I think he'll do wonderfully.

1 comment:

stephie said...

I wish Kevin luck!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. And it's so nice to hear that you are going to enjoy your class this year...that is great!! Love ya!