Monday, December 28, 2009

Colin's first Christmas

Boy, were we busy! On Thursday night, we headed over to Kev's parents' house for our first family get together of the season. Colin opened up some bath toys from Grandma and Grandpa F. He loooves to be squirted at bath time with the fish!
He also got a shopping cart for his future stash of felt food, a See n Say, blocks and more gifts that spoiled him silly!

On Friday morning, Colin opened up a present from Santa and a few presents from us. The lucky boy got a whole pile of new books to read! Good thing, because I think he was starting to get bored of the old rotation.

On Friday afternoon, we headed over to Kev's Grandma and Grandpa's house. Colin has 3 older boy "cousins" there. And by cousins I mean Kevin's cousins' sons. It was fun to see him interact with Lucas, who is the closest in age to Colin by about 4 months or so.

When we got home, my parents had already arrived. That night, my brother and his girlfriend came up and we had our own small family Christmas. Colin got spoiled again. He got a CAT truck from Uncle Scott. Here he is, pretending to be Grandpa J. the diesel mechanic.
and another truck from Grandma and Grandpa J. He loves to sit on it and get pushed around the house. It's quite the workout for me too!
along with other toys and clothes as well.

My dad's extended family came up on Saturday. Most of them, that is. My aunt had to stay home because the roads were too icy down in her neck of the woods. We missed her homemade pies! It was my first time hosting Christmas, and I think it was pretty successful. It was nice to be able to stay home and let Colin nap in his own crib and not have to worry about those kinds of logistics this year.

Today was the first day Colin and I have stayed home alone together since August. It was definitely different than August, where I was trying to entertain him all day. Now that he's mobile and interacts more, he can entertain both himself and me while he's at it. We both took a nice nap this morning, and then he fought taking 2nd nap the rest of the day. He didn't want to play, be held, eat, sleep, nothing. When Kev and Rocket came home from work, he was all smiles again.

We'll chalk up the first Christmas as a good one. And the first time our living room looks like Babies R Us threw up in it. In a good way, of course.

***ANNOYING REMINDER: THE BLOG IS GOING PRIVATE IN 4 DAYS! IF YOU WANT IN, PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH EMAIL, FACEBOOK, THE BLOG, BUMP, ETC. NO CONTACT = NO LOOKIE IN 2010. If you're a regular reader, I do want you to continue reading. I'm not kicking you out of the cool kids club by any means!***

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a follower...but I am not seeing an email to contact you at...can you let me in? :) thejunglife (at) hotmail (dot) com

AJ said...

Amy...you're in. And you're right, I don't have a blog email set up. Thanks for following :)

The Holey Family said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Liz's- so I'd like to watch sometimes too! erinholey@gmail.com THANKS!

Laura said...

I think I found your blog either through the nest or bump. I'd love to keep on reading!
LCole517@hotmail.com

Mrs. L said...

I want to stay in the cool kids club... I'd love to keep reading! udchickie@gmail.com

stephie said...

Did your mom bring Colin's present with her to your house? Looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to see you! Love ya.