Saturday, January 16, 2010

I get the productivity award for the day

What I really wanted to do today was go shopping. Colin needs some bigger pants and some more calendula cream. But he's been battling a double ear infection since Wednesday, and his temperature was still high this morning, so we stayed home. And look at what I did in a 12 hr time period instead (and this goes above and beyond the normal, every day routine stuff):

1. Did 6 loads of laundry, one of which was diapers (which takes 3x longer than a normal load)
2. Made 3 loaves of bread--2 white, 1 challah, all which require yeast and rising twice.
3. Swept and mopped the kitchen floor
4. Blogged 10 random things (see post below)
5. Changed the sheets on the bed
6. Carried Colin around in the Moby because he was fussy, and it calmed him down. When he got fussy and wanted to get out of the Moby, I lay him in his crib and he felt right to sleep for an *almost* 3 hr nap. This, my friends, is fabulous news, and a trick I hope works again soon. Getting him to take a much-needed second nap is torture some days.
7. Made pancakes for supper. Plain for me, blueberry for Kevin, and Banana-Plum-Grape for Colin (I mixed pancake mix with some leftover puree). Colin has extras, so I froze them to use later.
8. Got caught up in my emails
9. Thought about selling some bread at the Farmer's Market this summer, and asking Kevin's mom if she'd be interested in selling her homegrown vegetables. It's still only a thought, since it just entered my brain about 2 hours ago. I have to decide if it's something I want to spend my Saturday mornings doing.
10. Cleaned out a bottom drawer in the kitchen and replaced the user's manuals that were once stored in it with some plastic butter tubs, a wooden spoon, and a "shaker" I made with a tupperware container filled with sprinkles.
11. Carried Colin around again in the Moby later tonight because he wouldn't go to sleep and Norwexed everything I could think of. I have a newfound respect for both my Moby and Norwex.

And now I can reward myself tomorrow by going shopping tomorrow. Kevin says I need to buy some silicone whisks to use in our ceramic mixing bowls so the metal ones don't scratch the coating. I will not object. And, of course, the pants and the calendula cream.

No comments: