Saturday, January 16, 2010

Honest Scrap award

Susan gave me the Honest Scrap award, which means I have to share 10 random things with you. I will attempt to do this in 10 minutes, which is the estimated time I have until Colin's nap time is over.

1. I went static line skydiving 10 years ago. It was a blast.
2. I don't see myself retiring as a teacher. I like teaching, but I don't know if I can do it until I'm 65. Kids are so corrupt these days, and I imagine it will only get worse.
3. I am getting sick of playing Farmville on Facebook. My farm is getting too big to manage without losing my mind. I have too many trees and too many animals. And I don't even have that big of a farm compared to other people! I wish they'd build more dairy barns and chicken-coops to house ALL of the animals. That would be the greatest. Those who play understand. Those who don't think I'm crazy. It's okay.
4. I have to eat chocolate every day. Before I was pregnant, I could care less if I had chocolate every day. I preferred fruity candy/desserts. Ever since, I can't live without chocolate. Good thing there's a teacher at school who has a Halloween-style candy bowl in her classroom which is always stocked with chocolate goodness that I can raid if I don't have any myself. I wonder if these cravings will go away when I'm done breastfeeding.
5. I hate scrapbooking. I made a scrapbook back in high school about my trip to Europe. This was just when scrapbooking was beginning to get big. I can only imagine how elaborate it would be if I did it today, with all the crap that's available. But I'm not going to even go there because just the thought of having to be creative in that way, for 20 pages, makes my skin crawl.
6. But I like being creative! I like to sew. I've started Colin's felt food collection. I have made a carrot, an onion, a potato, corn on the cob (still need to finish the husk), and started the tomato. And I like to knit. I guess my "crafts" involve fibers rather than paper. And I'm okay with that.
7. I wish I could afford to travel more. I love love love traveling. Someday I'd love to rent an RV and take a road trip with the family to see the good ol' US of A. Kevin did it with his grandparents when he was younger. And I love riding in airplanes, leaving cold MN/WI and arriving in some other place just like that.

And Colin's awake. I will finish later.

It's later, and I'm back. Nap #2 in progress.
8. I love to bake, and I make awesome, from-scratch yeast bread. White or cinnamon swirl, your choice. I just ran across a recipe for challah bread, too, and I think I might try that in the near future. As we speak, I have some specially requested white bread rising on the dryer.
9. I'm kind of hard of hearing. There are certain tones, especially voice-pitched ones, that I can't hear very well. I fully expect to have to wear hearing aids when I'm a granny.
10. I don't like putting any drugs into my body unless I have to. I'll go an entire day with a headache before I take anything for it. I had a med-free birth. I hate taking antibiotics.
11. Okay...I know it's only supposed to be 10, but while I was doing dishes earlier, I was thinking of what else I was going to write, and then I got back here and I forgot about it and thought of something else. Then I remembered it when I got to #10, and I like it, so you get a bonus. Ready for it? I'm cheap. This is one reason why we cloth diaper and one reason why I breastfeed. I don't buy Colin any clothes that are over $5. And even then, they have to be really cute.

Now I have to pass it on to 5 people.
Leah
Liz
Kristin
Rachel
Jen

No comments: