Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birthday Festivities

On Saturday, Colin's family and godparents came over to celebrate his birthday. He did very well considering he only napped for 3o minutes prior to guests arriving, and 30 minutes after most of them left.

He wore his snazzy birthday shirt.
He played on (and under) the climber we bought him.
He enjoyed a hamburger, italian pasta salad, and mixed fruit salad with all of his favorite fruits (bananas, blueberries, peaches, pears, mangoes, grapes, and for the first time--strawberries!).
He started digging into his presents.
So we decided it was time that he opened them.
And then I opened his presents while he played.
He saw this yummy banana flavored cake.
And then he ate it. He shared some with Rocket, too.
This was the end result ("I'm done! Get me out of this chair!").
He had a rough night. I'm sure he was re-living every moment of his party, wishing he could do it again. He ended up sleeping in bed with us from 4 am-6:30 am.

Today, to celebrate his real birthday, we went to the Armory to have a pancake breakfast with the veterans. Colin had (whole) eggs for the first time, and really liked eating them off of my fork, too! We also went to church, and then came home for Colin's nap. After a lunch of party leftovers, we went swimming. Colin had a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I don't have any great pictures because we were all too busy to take any! This is the best I've got.
He loved holding onto the noodle, and he loved when one of us was far away and swam up to him. He lay on his back as I held him, AND he even blew bubbles in the water. This makes me very happy that he's not afraid to put his face in the water. Once I get my summer piano lesson schedule figured out, I'm going to sign up for swim classes for him and I to take together. I think he'll really like it.

After swimming, we came home and Colin took a nice, long nap (thanks to that chlorine!). Later on, he slid down the slide on his climber. I have one brave little one-year-old.


Only because it's tradition, this is the best monthday picture I could get out of him today.
He was just too worn out from his busy weekend.

Thank you to everyone who made his first birthday so special. He is loved by so many, and if he could, he would thank you! So in the meantime, I'll thank you instead.

2 comments:

stephie said...

So glad he had a great birthday bash....what a great day!! See you soon!

Sarah said...

So I love (typical) the high-pitched scream he does right before he goes down the slide . . . but I L.O.V.E. his response to the haircut in your earlier post! I can't wait to see you!