Thursday, April 8, 2010

Party prep

I'm throwing a party next weekend. Just thought I'd get some family together. Have some cake. People can bring presents. Eat some food. Hang out. Hopefully enjoy some nice weather. Oh...and celebrate a certain someone's special day. It's bittersweet. Here's what's happening so far:

Food: Grilling out! Burgers, brats, hot dogs.... picnic food!
Cake: Banana flavored cake from the neighborhood bakery. Colin's loving bananas (he'll eat a whole one if we let him) so I thought he'd dig that.
Guests: Strictly close family. That brings us to a total of 20 people, which is PLENTY for a 1 year old's sensory system.
Colin's birthday suit. The 1 was appliqued on by yours truly. I had his name embroidered. The L is a little hard to see, unfortch:
Present: We're thinking of getting him a climber. Something we can have outside. I have a feeling we're going to be out there A LOT this summer, if the mosquitoes will let us. We can also put this in the basement in the winter so he can still climb on it. Something like this (but not necessarily this one)If we decide to forgo the climber this year, we'll probably get him a wagon.

QT with Mommy and Daddy on his real birthday: We're thinking of taking him swimming at the indoor pool for the first time. My first time in a bathing suit since 2008. God help me and my extra loose skin. I've really been wanting to do this though, so I hope he enjoys it.

And just for fun, Colin on the phone this afternoon. He looks like he's in a trance, so it must be a telemarketer, or maybe he's on hold and he's being hypnotized by muzak:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this picture. Or . . . he's talking to a client.

I don't know - any of the scenarios work for this one. :)

stephie said...

I hope Colin has a great birthday party! Enjoy!