Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 362 stats

Colin had his 1 year appointment today. Here's what's shakin'.

Weight: 22 lbs, 6 oz (50th percentile) with his diaper on. I was so thinking he'd be at least 23 lbs.
Height: A bit over 30 inches (55th percentile)

Today when he got his weight checked, he stood on the regular digital scale rather than lying on the baby scale, which was super cute.

He couldn't get any shots because he's not officially 12 months yet, so we have to schedule a separate appointment for that (thanks for the advance warning, appointment desk lady. not). BUT, he did get a blood test to check for lead and hemoglobin levels. The quick result hemoglobin test said he may be a bit low (.5) in iron. So if this is truly the case, when I talk to his doctor when she calls me for the results, I'm going to ask her if the numbers will improve once he's drinking whole milk. We'll see.

I don't know...it was pretty uneventful. Am I supposed to feel "fulfilled" after these appointments? I feel like they're so ho-hum and so NON informative.

No comments: