Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Summer wish list

It has only hit 70* a couple of times so far, but I'm already pining for some super cool "wants" for our patio. Granted, only if I had about $2,000. Only $2,000. That's not a (whole) lot in the grand scheme of things! But it all can't be justified all in one summer.

My inspiration is from the patio at Rush Creek Golf Club in Maple Grove, MN. We were at Justin and Jen's wedding there in August, 2008 and I STILL can't get their awesome patio out of my memory. The ambiance there was amazing. I've scoured the internet looking for pictures, but I couldn't find any. So what do I do? Become a fan of Rush Creek just so I can ask them where I can find similar items. Shameless. But I don't care.

#1: A gas fire pit. Because I love the idea of campfire, but hate the smell and how it makes my poor asthmatic lungs feel. And because our patio is thisclose to the house, there would be no smokey smell filtering inside. I have used these arguments to convince Kevin that LP is the way to go. He now agrees :) Don't you just want to put your toes up near the flames? Seriously. The turn of a switch, and this thing is roaring. Want to go back inside? Just turn it off. No pouring water on it or waiting until it's smoldering.
#2. Sweet patio furniture set. We have the infamous foldable camping chairs right now. What we want someday is so hard to explain. I'm thinking I want weather-resistant wood--most likely cedar because it's a bug-deterrent. And with fabric cushions, please.
#3. Pair those with a couple of these mosquito-suckers, because believe me, our backyard is no fun some days, even during the day time (we're for real getting these on Friday, by the way. If Colin's going to make me play outside all summer, bygoneit, I refuse to let him or me get bit)...
Put me in my favorite sweatshirt,
Get out the 'mallows, the grahams, and the Hersheys and roast me up a golden-brown smore, please!
Ahhh. The life. 30-some school days left 'til summer vacay!

2 comments:

stephie said...

Yay summer vacation!!! Your ideal patio sounds fabulous, can I come join you?

AJ said...

Anytime, Stephie. Anytime.