Friday, May 14, 2010

Exhausted.

Colin got to hang out with BOTH of his grandmas this week while his Hand Foot and Mouth blisters were healing. Most of the week, he was stuck inside because of the dreary, cold, and wet weather. He loves to be outside, so he was not digging being cooped up.

Yesterday, I took the day off to take my turn staying home. We went to the chiropractor in Menomonie. It had been 6 weeks since our last appointment, and I was feeling it. That morning, I just felt so icky. After my adjustment, I felt so much better instantly. Colin wasn't a walker yet the last time we were there, so Dr. S. adjusted his back by his tailbone. Colin still loves to be adjusted :) Then I was hungry and Colin needed a diaper change, so we stopped at Culvers and shared a butterburger. The best news is, we survived the hour long car ride both ways. He was a perfect rider, even though he didn't sleep in the car. I always get so nervous driving long distances when it's just the two of us. I think back to the infant days and how he'd scream in the backseat. I sometimes stopped the car to nurse him or burp him or do SOMETHING to make him feel better. And sometimes I just kept on driving just to get home, crying all the way there.

Today the sun and warm weather came out, and my mom came up on her day off to babysit. They played outside and went for 2 walks. He was only inside to eat and take a 3 hour nap. 3 HOURS! Tonight after bath time, he ditched his naked running time. I put his diaper on the floor and he sat down right next to it. He was ready for bed, and didn't put up the usual fight and wrestling match to get him to lie down to get dressed. He drank 8 oz of milk which is also unheard of, and fell asleep without a peep. Isn't it great what a little bit of fresh air and sushine can do?

Oh...and his blisters are pretty much gone.

No comments: