Thursday, May 20, 2010

Outside fun

FINALLY the nice weather is here! Colin is a total outside boy. From the time we get home until the time he goes to bed, save for supper time, he's out on our driveway or toddling around in the grass.

He pushes his lawn mower.
He sits in the grass.
Today, since it was so warm, I showed him the hose. He loved it.


Look what a little birdie dropped among my Lily of the Valleys and Clematis:
STRAWBERRIES! YES! I am watching these babies. I do not want to miss out on the opportunity to pick them at their prime.

Also, I don't think I shared that we got into the in-home daycare for next fall! After being on a waiting list for almost a year and a half, we're in! Colin's daycare teachers know now, because we had to let them know his summer schedule, and on it we marked that he wouldn't be returning in the fall. Of course it has nothing to do with them, but I still feel like I'm "cheating" on them. I really did like having him around other babies instead of with a mixed age. And they were so accommodating. They use our cloth diapers (which they love), and they put up with my high maintenance requests (no oats, no wheat bread, and we bring our own breast milk/organic cow milk mix every day. After the miscommunication error, I wanted to be in charge of milk). I really am thankful for all of the love and attention they've given him. I just know that this new daycare will be a better fit for him in the long run.

9 more days until summer vacation! Well...then I teach 6 weeks of summer school. I'm just ready for a change in faces.

2 comments:

stephie said...

Congrats!!! Love the video...thanks for sharing! Love ya.

leah @maritalbless said...

OH MY GOSH! That video is too freaking cute! Note to self, play with the hose with Isaac lol. I hope he likes it half as much as Colin!