Saturday, May 22, 2010

Got milk?

Because I'm running low. On purpose. I'm down to nursing Colin just once in the morning now. I'm going to let him decide when he's ready to drop that session. Unless:
a) I dry up which I will be okay with.
b) It gets weird.
c) He's still doing it at 18 months. That's my absolute stopping point.

I'm so happy to say that I haven't pumped in 2 weeks. While I loved being able to provide Colin's nutrition for a year, I'm so glad I'm done pumping. Now I can actually spend those 20 minutes with my sweet boy instead of being milked by a machine.

I still have about 200 oz. of milk in the freezer, and we're using it up slowly. I thought about donating it, but I'm lazy and don't want to look up how to do that. So we're mixing the milk painstakingly slowly:
Week 1: 4 oz of organic whole cows milk with 16 oz of frozen breastmilk.
Week 2: 8 oz. owcm with 12 oz fb.
Week 3 and 4: 10 oz owcm with 10 oz fb.
Future weeks may look like this:
Week 5 and 6: 12 oz owcm with 8 oz fb
Week 7 to whenever it's gone: a bag of fb (4ish oz) with however much owcm is needed to make 20 oz.

I may end up donating some of it if I get sick of this mixing stuff. We'll see.

We've had no problems with the milk transition. He drinks it cold, he drinks it warm. He drinks it from a sippy cup, and he drinks it from a bottle before his bath at night. He drinks it in a box, he drinks it with a fox.

If you didn't see my post from Thursday, go check it out. There are pictures and a video :)

No comments: