Thursday, October 21, 2010

I know a Guiness Book Record Holder

My co-worker, Amy, and her husband Chris grow giant pumpkins. This year, their 1810.5 lb pumpkin smashed the world record. They drove the mammoth pumpkin to NYC in a pickup truck on Tuesday, and Chris made an appearance on Live with Regis and Kelly. Here's a link to a 2 minute clip:
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S1802057.shtml?cat=1

It's going to end up in the New York Botanical Gardens and get carved by a world record pumpkin carver.

My mom, Colin, and I were at their house for a few minutes a month ago, and Amy asked if we wanted to take Colin's picture by it (before it was known to be a world record), but I didn't have my camera. :(.

It's surreal the amount of press they're getting! Good or bad, it's pretty cool to say you know a world record holder.

No comments: