Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend antecdotes

Colin is able to open the refrigerator and get his sippy cup, take a drink, put it back, and close the door without any help from us.

A little while after he woke up from his nap today, I was sitting here in the office and he signed "milk" and said "ma!" (his word for milk). I told him to go get a drink and I stayed in here. 30 seconds later, he walked into the office carrying the whole half-gallon of milk and saying, "ma." Apparently there wasn't a sippy cup ready to go in the fridge for him.
* * *
Last night after supper, Colin had a lot of water to drink. He went pee on the potty before his bath, took a bath, and ran around the house naked for awhile. All of a sudden, Kevin and I heard pee hitting the floor. I scooped him up and sat him back on his potty while Kevin cleaned up the mess. Colin told me to sit on the toilet seat, so I did. A few seconds later, he stood up, did his potty dance (even though there was no pee in it), and promptly projectile vomited. All the water he drank, plus the excitement of running around naked must have upset his tummy a little. He looked at me like he didn't know what had just come out of his mouth. I cleaned him up, re-brushed his teeth, and put him to bed. All I can say is I'm sure glad he told me to sit on the toilet, otherwise he would have thrown up all over me!

1 comment:

stephie said...

Ick...good thing it didn't end up on you. Not fun! Sounds like you had an interesting weekend! Can't wait to see you soon!