Saturday, October 9, 2010

What a week!

I had conferences this week. All of them went just fine, especially since I have a great bunch of kids this year. Conferences are much easier to face when you have very few negative things to share.

It's just that they wear me (everyone) down. I get to school at 7:30, teach until 3:00, and conferences are from 4:00 until 7:30. So I'm there for 12 hours, and 12 hours later, I have to come back and teach again. And then the next day you do it all over again.

Needless to say, I drank some leftover wine straight from the bottle on Thursday night, in honor of being done with conferences and our 4th wedding anniversary.

The weather this week has been reminiscent of 10.07.06.
Sunny and warm with a breeze. One last hurrah before the fall chill finally sets in. Although I'd be happy if it stayed just like this until next spring.

We're going to celebrate our 4 wedded years together later this afternoon. We're thinking Ruby Tuesdays salad bar. We're romantical like that.

But earlier today, after we cleaned the house that had been overly-neglected this week, we went to the fire station's open house to let Colin check out the firetrucks. He (and I) also crawled under some blanket-covered tables to practice crawling out of the house. And, of course, he got a plastic fire hat. He's more amused when we wear it than when he does.

1 comment:

stephie said...

Happy belated anniversary AJ! Love ya!