Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Colin's first piece of jewelry

We bought Colin a necklace and it came in the mail the other day. It's made of amber and it's used to relieve teething pain, among other things. As the amber heats up from body temperature, the amber releases healing oils containing succinic acid which are absorbed into the skin and into the bloodstream. Sounds made up, doesn't it? I've heard so many good things about these necklaces that I thought it would be worth a shot. It's a heck of a lot better than giving him orajel and tylenol and motrin if we *think* he's teething. He can wear it to bed, too.

He loves it! He was kind of mad last night when I had to take it off at bath time. After I told him he could put it back on after his bath, he was happier. So maybe he feels better when he wears it. He even shows it off to other people.
I know, it looks a little girly. I was going to buy him a darker-colored one that was more boyish, but the lighter the amber color, the more succinic acid it has in it. We need all the help we can get here! Maybe next time I'll get a mixture of dark and light.

I'll let you know how he tolerates these canines that are taking their sweet precious time to pop through.

Amber (and hazelwood) helps even adults with a wide variety of problems such as eczema, acne, rashes, earaches, fevers, colds, upset stomach, etc. The website Hazelaid is where we bought ours and it has more information if you're interested!

No comments: