Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cookies were made

I went to a cookie bake today and had a very low-key mass-cookie-producing good time. There were 6 of us (the 7th had given her cookies to me to distribute). 1 co-worker, 1 former co-worker, 1 principal of the middle school and her mom, 1 middle school art teacher, and 1 partridge in a pear tree.

We brought a batch pre-made, bagged, and ready to share. About half of us also made another kind of cookie while there. We ended up spending about 5 hours baking and frosting, but it didn't seem that long at all. I hadn't seen my former co-worker since June, so it was soooo good to see her again because she's a delight.

It's also interesting to see what other peoples' definition of a classic Christmas cookie is.

I made Peanut butter cup cookies and White chocolate cranberry cookies. I now have about a dozen of the following as well:
-snowballs
-snickerdoodles
-more snickerdoodles?? or maybe they're some lemon creation??
-wreaths made from corn flakes like rice krispie bars
-green and red M&M cookies
-russian tea cakes
-pizelles
-thin mint cookies
-3 dozen cut outs
-meltaways
-sponge cookies. Ever had them? I wasn't a fan.

So if you want cookies, you know where to find them! But if you're looking for sponge cookies, I threw them away. Snickerdoodles are up for grabs :) No fans of them in our house. Not even Colin.

Mom: Notice no spritz on that list. ::hint, hint::

2 comments:

grandma J said...

Save me the snickerdoodles!!!

AJ said...

Mom, I will. They're in the freezer.