Friday, April 22, 2011

2 year appointment

We had Colin's 2 year appointment yesterday. He's following his growth curve in both height and weight:
Height: 34 3/4" (57 %tile)
Weight: 29.8 lbs (71 %ile)
Head circumference: 49.5 cm (70 %ile)

We can officially switch Colin to skim milk rather than whole. Although Kevin would much rather drink 2%. I do the shopping, so... :D

Dr. R. was quite impressed with the fact that he's potty trained, even at night.

Colin sat quietly on the table and let Dr. R. examine him. She said he's healthy and seems to be a little bit ahead developmentally since he's potty trained and apparently talks more than most 2 year old boys. I always worry about him having asthma since I have it, but she said she didn't hear any asthma, so that's a relief!

Colin had to go to the bathroom while we were waiting, so I took him to the bathroom down the hall. He went potty, and then I had to go too. As I was going, he started opening the door, so I reached over and shut it. Right on his fingers. Bad Mommy. I felt so bad. We got an ice pack and one of his fingers was bruised for a half hour or so, but he was feeling fine within 10 minutes. At least if he's going to get hurt, the best place to do it is at a hospital waiting for a doctor check-up!

Colin got his DTaP and MMR shots too. The vaccine schedule says to give 1 year olds the MMR shot, but I delayed it to his 2 year appointment. Being a teacher and teaching children with autism, I would like to rule out that possibility if at all possible. I know there are studies to show that the MMR vaccine does not cause autism, but I'd rather not take any chances. Needless to say, I'm watching for signs of autism. I shouldn't be, but I am.

So, despite an injury and a sad little boy for about 3 minutes, it was a great appointment!

When we got home, I told Colin to tell Daddy about the doctor and he started talking about the dig-digs in the parking lot. How one scooped up the dirt and dumped it in the dump truck, and then it said, "Beep! Beep! Beep!". The memory of a 2 year old :)

No comments: