Thursday, April 7, 2011

Birthday party plans

Colin's birthday party is in T minus 9 days. After switching from the Curious George theme to the truck theme, I made invitations in Microsoft Publisher. Leah helped me delete the background from a photo so I could put a picture of Colin in the first truck.
I also used the clip art to make a shirt design (yet to be revealed. I LIKE secrets!). I sent the jpg to cafepress and got it printed on a white t-shirt. For $12, it looks pretty good!

I'm still going to make Colin's cake. I need to find a construction truck of some sort to put on the cake. There is going to be a hill created by a cupcake on it. I have a sketch. We'll see if it turns out. If worse comes to worse, our neighborhood grocery store almost always has a truck cake made up.

The menu isn't decided on yet, but it will be easier than last year's grilling. We'll have a light meal available throughout since the party is at 3:00. We're thinking barbecue sandwiches in a crockpot, the usual picnic-type food. And, of course, Colin's favorite: fruit.

We're taking Colin to the Minnesota Zoo this weekend if the weather cooperates. It's part of his birthday present. He has been gaining interest in animals recently and I think he's going to absolutely love the Farm Babies there! We're also going to get him a water table.

I am excited for his birthday. I think he's going to have so much fun!

No comments: