Sunday, April 24, 2011

Quick Triathlon Training Update

I've been running more reliably recently, which is good because the triathlon is in 27 days! I ran 2.75 miles today in less than 25 minutes, which translates into about 9 minute miles.

Kevin pumped up the tires on my bike today. Hopefully Mother Nature decides to warm the place up a little bit so I can hit the pavement with the bike. I might alternate bike/run/rest/bike&run nights. We'll see what happens :)

Stephie and I are going to meet up one of these weekends to practice our canoeing skills.

My co-worker (Stacey) who signed up for the race lost her partner, so another co-worker (Amy) is racing with her now. Amy's a marathon runner, and we've been running together after school on Wednesdays.

I have no doubts about whether or not I will be able to complete the triathlon. It's just a matter of how much work I want to go through on that day. Hopefully working hard now will pay off when it's time to race!

1 comment:

stephie said...

Way to go AJ!! You are doing awesome! I know without a doubt that we will finish with a good time. I'm sorry I didn't call you back...it depends on when you come if we can practice or not. Saturday is Tom's Grandma's 80th birthday party. We'd have to go early in the day or I think I could find some time on Sunday. We'll talk. Love you.